Legal Entity Management Services has been saved
Legal Entity Management Services
Keep your corporate legal team above the fray
Effective legal entity management (LEM), compliance, and corporate governance are more essential than ever—but they add extra work and stress for corporate legal teams. Let Deloitte ease that burden by handling your LEM and corporate governance administration needs.
The importance of legal entity management
A significant rise in multijurisdictional scrutiny (and a call for increased transparency from regulators, stakeholders, and investors) has made effective LEM and corporate governance essential. The increased scrutiny, however, may result in burdensome obligations for corporate legal teams.
When addressed in-house, the process could be labor-intensive and may demand the attention of valuable members of your legal team, keeping them from value-add work and strategic priorities. Outsourcing various components could mean tracking a network of disparate providers.
What if one provider could handle your legal entity management and corporate governance administration needs?
Deloitte’s suite of legal entity management services
Deloitte’s combination of people, process, and technology enables high-quality, cost-efficient legal entity management services with reduced risk to the organization. We create a customized approach that helps accomplish the following:
- Reduce costs and increase productivity and ROI by implementing an efficient LEM model that carefully allocates talent to more strategic priorities
- Reduce risk and simplify your process using one global service provider
- Gain complete transparency into your LEM activities through a digital portal customized for your organization
- Analyze legal entity attributes to identify and remediate inconsistencies across your organizational footprint, allowing for a more agile, transaction-ready organization
- Streamline board administration process
- Monitor more than 1M external data sources for intelligence on a broad range of legal compliance and governance and enterprise-wide risks
Your legal entity management, compliance, and corporate governance requirements are as unique as your organization. Deloitte stands ready to deliver the level of service you need.
- Preparation and filing of annual accounts (e.g., Secretary of State filings) and other necessary filings required for annual compliance obligations
- Maintenance of company books and records
- Annual compliance with entity-level required licenses
- Calendarization of upcoming deadlines and due date tracking
- Centralized project management and reporting
- Industry specific compliance filings for entitites
- New entity/subsidiary incorporations
- Organizational changes (e.g., changes in company name, registered office, share capital, and financial year-end)
- Share transfers, reorganizations, and capital distributions
- Changes in entity structure and organization due to M&A-related transactions
- Dissolutions and liquidations of existing legal entities
- Data validation and database consolidation and transformation
- Maintenance of the compliance of a company’s books and records with prevailing statutory regulations
- Remediation of compliance issues and anomalies identified to establish the correct legal entity data and compliance position
- Discovery, analysis, and monitoring of emerging legal compliance and governance risks and opportunities affecting an organization's strategy, brand, and reputation
- Corporate secretary and legal department support for board-level responsibilities
- Board and committee meeting administration (e.g., calendarizing, meeting preparation, and drafting of minutes)
- Preparation of the necessary communication and forms for the appointment and resignation of directors and officers
- Maintenance of entity-level governance-related disclosures
Connect with Legal Entity Management leaders