Work Opportunity Tax Credits (WOTC) Services
Leveraging technology to help pursue value
Does your company claim the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC), a federal tax credit designed to encourage businesses to hire individuals from certain targeted groups? As the WOTC can range between $2,400 and $9,600 for each qualified employee, the total potentially available WOTC can be substantial for many companies.
- Watch the video
- How we can help
- Credits & Incentives talk with Deloitte
- Get in touch
- Join the conversation
How we can help
How well is your tax department equipped to address the WOTC application, certification, and computation processes? Deloitte’s WOTC Services and our supporting Technology for WOTC, or T4WOTCTM, offer many advantages over traditional approaches, from obtaining job applicant information and monitoring compliance metrics, through computing the amount of available WOTC.
Deloitte’s WOTC services include leveraging technology, T4WOTCTM, to assist client efforts to:
- Address and improve WOTC related process, procedures, and compliance metrics.
- Streamline the WOTC information gathering and screening process for newly-hired individuals to assist clients in meeting the 28-day filing deadline for submission of the relevant WOTC forms with the appropriate SWA.
- Provide on-line access, 24/7, to internal WOTC related information and compliance metrics.
- Improve efficiency and corresponding security with respect to WOTC information through use of a web-based tool and process.
- Integrate WOTC information gathering in electronic new-hire on-boarding process.
- Provide a technology tool to support the appropriate WOTC calculation and related documentation for your organization.
- Screen applicants for WOTC qualification in 1 of 14 categories, including the often overlooked veteran target groups which can have higher maximum credit levels
Credits & Incentives talk with Deloitte
"Credits & Incentives talk with Deloitte" is a monthly column by Kevin Potter of Deloitte Tax LLP, featured in the Journal of Multistate Taxation and Incentives, a Thomson Reuters publication.