2021 Technology Fast 500™ awards has been saved
2021 Technology Fast 500™ awards
Honoring innovative technology companies in North America
The Deloitte Technology Fast 500 is now in its 27th year, recognizing the most innovative, fastest-growing technology companies. And although many organizations are facing significant challenges right now, we don’t want this to overshadow your accomplishments—and ability to pioneer amid unpredictable shifts—over recent years. Will your company top the awards list this year?
Application period open April 5–June 25
Think your company—public or private—has what it takes to be recognized as one of the most innovative, fastest-growing technology companies in North America? Apply for the 2021 Technology Fast 500 awards from April 5 to June 25.
Since the technology innovation awards’ inception, we’ve been honoring the companies that redefine the cutting edge; transform the way we do business; combine technological innovation and entrepreneurship; and disrupt the technology industry. The program provides one of the most objective rankings, aimed at recognizing the effort, dedication, and resiliency of technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences, fintech, and energy tech companies.
Watch the video
Quick takes to help you apply for Technology Fast 500 awards
What would winning mean for your company? Being recognized as a Technology Fast 500 winner has many benefits, including:
● Benchmark of success
● Enhanced brand and customer recognition
● Increased visibility with investors
● Positive influence on employee recruiting, retention, and morale
● Local, national, global, and social media exposure
● Valued networking opportunities at a virtual Fast 500 winners’ celebration
To be eligible for recognition in Deloitte’s 2021 North America Technology Fast 500 awards, companies must:
● Be in business for at least four years
● Be headquartered in North America
● Have fiscal year 2017 operating revenues of at least $50,000
● Have fiscal year 2020 operating revenues of at least $5 million
● Have a growth rate of at least 75% (growth rate is computed as [(FY20 rev. – FY17 rev.)/FY17 rev.] x 100)
● Own proprietary intellectual property or proprietary technology, which must be sold to customers in products or services that contribute to a majority of the company’s operating revenues
Companies must also fall within one of the following industry categories:
● Biotechnology/pharmaceutical; Communications/networking; Digital content/media/entertainment; Electronic devices hardware; Energy tech; Medical devices; Semiconductor; Software & SaaS
Frequently asked questions
Who should apply?
Private companies, as well as public companies traded via over-the-counter exchanges. Public companies listed on the NYSE, Nasdaq, or AMEX stock exchanges are encouraged to complete the application form or confirm their inclusion in the research and application process with the national Fast 500 team at email@example.com.
Is there an application fee?
There’s no fee to apply.
For more guidance on the program, eligibility requirements, and the application process, download the 2021 Application Packet, which includes:
● FAQ and answers
● 2021 eligibility requirements
Learn which technology companies topped the 2020 awards
The 2020 ranking was compiled based on submitted applications and public company database research, with winners selected based on their percentage fiscal-year growth over a three-year period. 2020 Technology Fast 500 recognized companies achieved revenue growth ranging from 175% to 106,508% over a three-year time frame, with a median growth rate of 450%.
Tech news moves fast. Stay updated.
Interested in receiving content about tech companies redefining future-forward innovation? Subscribe to get updates, rankings, press releases, and more related to the Technology Fast 500.
Get involved with Fast 500 in your market. Contact us to find out more.
Shining a light on the power of private businesses
Our US Best Managed Companies program recognizes excellence and honors private companies for their strategy, execution, culture, and financials.