Audit & Assurance Services for the Technology, Media, and Telecommunications Industry has been added to your bookmarks.
Audit & Assurance Services for the Technology, Media, and Telecommunications Industry
Quality and innovation in compliance
Deloitte’s Audit & Assurance Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT) industry practice is focused on quality and innovation, powered by audit and assurance professionals who can provide deep industry knowledge and insightful audits. We’re service providers to many of the world’s most recognizable TMT brands in the market today.
- Contact us
- Bringing greater insight to Audit & Assurance services
- Technology industry
- Telecommunications, Media, and Entertainment Industry
- How we can help
We bring our full range of capabilities—audit and assurance, advisory, consulting, and tax—to every client. That means we’re ready to advise on IPO readiness, tax reform implications, digital transformation, and much more. Additionally, we provide telecom audit and telecom compliance services. With our global reach and deep experience across the technology, media, and telecommunications industry, we can deliver valuable insights and tailor our offerings to your company’s unique needs.
Bringing greater insight to Audit & Assurance services
Our approach to client relationships in the TMT industry extends beyond the performance of the audit as we can provide:
- Financial, regulatory, operational, and strategic insights. You’ll have access to senior leaders who have worked with some of the world’s largest companies in the TMT industry, helping them meet complex challenges and deal with significant corporate life events in real time.
- A focus on innovation and better information for decision-making. We’ve transformed the audit by using advanced analytics, cognitive tools, automation, natural language processing, and robotic process automation to analyze large amounts of data.
- The answers you need when you need them. You get access to a responsive team of specialists and a dedicated partner to serve as your single point of contact, bringing you the depth and breadth of our organization. Our approach includes a commitment to candid communication and a deep understanding of your business. We’ll work with you through audits and transactions as they occur, and we’ll coordinate closely with you to deliver on our commitments.
Learn more about how we can help your business.Contact us
Audit & Assurance within the Technology industry
Our technology industry audit and assurance professionals understand the nuances across the technology ecosystem and can offer you insights into the ever-changing landscape. As technology continues to disrupt and transform legacy industries, such as retail, transportation, healthcare, finance, education and transform how we work, live, and play, we can help you evolve your enterprise. We serve companies across broad and multiple subsectors, including software, SaaS, computer hardware, networking equipment, semiconductor, and technology-enabled services. We focus on the areas that are important to your company and your risk profile.
Audit & Assurance within the Telecommunications, Media, and Entertainment industry
Our telecommunications, media & entertainment industry assurance professionals offer insight and tools that can help your company identify and avoid potential pitfalls in an ever-changing industry. Advances in mobile, digital, spectrum, and wireless technologies and their convergence are driving developments in a fast-paced industry that changes almost daily. These advancements are driving the growth of streaming services and transformations in mobile broadband, network infrastructure, interactive gaming, films, broadcast television, publishing, social media, and advertising. We give you access to professionals who can help you stay ahead of these changes.
How we can help with your audit, advisory, and accounting needs
Our Audit & Assurance services can help companies in the TMT industry take advantage of unrelenting change. Our broad array of services is designed to provide quality and bring innovation to companies wherever they are, across the value chain and around the globe.
We assist our clients by:
- Delivering audits and related assurance services (including services related to Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings, compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards, and compliance with local reporting requirements and regulations);
- Providing insight into the revenue recognition (Accounting Standards Codification 606) journey for private companies, based on our experience assisting public companies post implementation;
- Advising companies as they navigate the Initial Public Offering (IPO) process (IPO Readiness and IPO Execution Services); and
- Assisting with accounting advisory services, including complex accounting matters such as revenue recognition, stock-based compensation, business combinations, and financial instruments and considerations related to adoption of new accounting standards
A roadmap to initial public offerings
Preparing for an initial public offering (IPO) can be a complex, time-consuming, and often costly process. Accordingly, this roadmap addresses financial reporting, accounting, and auditing considerations to help companies navigate challenges related to preparing an IPO registration statement and ultimately going public.
As discussed throughout this roadmap, the SEC staff has made progress toward this goal, including through various initiatives. For instance, as part of its disclosure effectiveness initiative, the SEC has been exploring ways to make going public in the US markets more attractive while still protecting investors.
We hope you find this Roadmap useful as you prepare for your IPO. Should you have questions or concerns, please visit Deloitte’s IPO Center of Excellence or contact a Deloitte Partner listed in the contacts section of this publication.
Contact us to learn more about our audit and assurance services for the technology, media, and telecommunications industry
The services described herein are illustrative in nature and are intended to demonstrate our experience and capabilities in these areas; however, due to independence restrictions that may apply to audit clients (including affiliates) of Deloitte & Touche LLP, we may be unable to provide certain services based on individual facts and circumstances.
Flashpoint edition 12: Exploring the impact beyond the balance sheet
Key themes for executives to consider when applying the new revenue standard