Customer Operations Transformation has been saved
Customer Operations Transformation
Enabling business value through customer engagement
Not so long ago, customer operations was considered nothing more than a necessary cost center to address customer service needs. Executives today realize that an efficient, engaging, and customer-centric customer operations capability can become a competitive differentiator in an increasingly commoditized marketplace.
- The importance of customer service operations
- Five ways to help improve customer operations
- How Deloitte can help
- Why Deloitte?
- Get in touch
The importance of customer service operations
Customer operations—those functions that directly engage your customers, such as sales and service—is one of the most important and oftentimes undervalued functions in many businesses. Why? Because many executives—and customers, for that matter—have a fundamental misunderstanding of its importance in shaping an organization's overall success and reputation.
That's where we can help. By assisting companies in defining and enhancing the function's true value as a primary point of contact between the organization and its customers, we can help you leverage the true power of customer operations to help grow your company's reputation and bottom line.
How Deloitte can help
We work with leaders across your business to identify and address the key issues surrounding customer operations and to help implement advanced, multichannel customer engagement capabilities within an efficient and effective organization.
We leverage specialists in all aspects of the customer operations business function (strategy, engagement channels, talent, operations, processes, data, and technology) to help develop and implement custom-designed solutions that meet your specific business requirements, improve efficiency, and personalize interactions between your staff and customers. Specifically, our service offerings address:
- Capability assessment. We help identify areas for improvement in your customer operations function, compare your current state with your desired future state and leading practices, and highlight gaps that need to be addressed to provide world-class customer service.
- Operating model and service delivery model design. We offer assistance in designing world-class organization and service delivery capabilities that can increase efficiency, lower costs, and improve customer experience.
- Omni-channel effectiveness. We work with you to improve all aspects of your customer interactions through your current channels and to identify and implement new interaction capabilities via emerging channels.
- Technology enablement. We help identify, select, and implement the most appropriate and advanced customer engagement technologies and capabilities to effectively manage and deliver high-quality customer service and grow revenue through increased sales.
- Sourcing strategies. We help identify, implement, and transition sourcing strategies (business process and technology) to support customer operations.
- Transformation roadmap and execution. We help create an executable path to your future customer organization by balancing sound, operational fundamentals with next-generation capabilities to elevate the customer experience, improve employee engagement, reduce operational costs, and increase revenue.
The big idea
Advances in data and technology are transforming customer engagement capabilities and service delivery models. The rapid maturation of cognitive technologies such as natural language processing, speech recognition, and robotics is driving new ways of engaging customers, enabling employees, and generating business insights to dynamically shape sales and customer service. Building these capabilities into your current operations and go-forward strategies is critical to the next wave of success in world-class customer organizations.
We understand effective and efficient customer engagement is vital to your business and we have developed the right mix of talent, experience, and capabilities to help your organization recognize—and treat—customers as the valuable assets they truly are.
Leveraging our unique and collaborative approach, we create multi-functional teams of subject matter experts in strategy, customer experience, engagement channels, human capital, operations, and technology to help you design and implement practical, efficient, and personalized customer service solutions that will:
- Reduce customer operations operating costs
- Improve your customers' experiences and satisfaction
- Increase revenue by building brand loyalty, improving customer retention, and boosting sales
- Improve employee engagement within customer operations functions
- Improve your reputation and market positioning by making customer operations a point of differentiation between you and your competitors