Divestiture Planning and Execution has been added to your bookmarks.
Divestiture Planning and Execution
Outside-in perspective to divestitures
Successful surgery relies on a combination of detailed examinations, effective medical practices, and surgeon experience and intuition. The same is true when a company decides to sell all or part of the business—a transaction can go horribly wrong without accurate and extensive due diligence information. Worse yet, significant value can be lost if deal execution falters post-closing.
Deloitte’s Divestiture Planning and Execution practice brings an outside-in perspective to the divestiture process based on thousands of transactions across industries.
Understanding that each transaction time frame differs, Deloitte’s divestiture practice can help companies balance speed with elegance to manage transaction risk, minimize transition service agreements (TSAs), maximize deal value, and address potential stranded costs.
We work closely with our other M&A practices, such as M&A Strategy, Commercial and Operational Diligence, and Functional Integration and Carve Outs, to provide insights at each stage of the M&A life cycle. We also leverage the audit, financial advisory, risk management, and tax services of Deloitte’s network of practitioners to bring the targeted resources to our divestiture planning and execution engagement.
Divestiture Planning and Execution services
- Separation planning and execution
- Carve-out financial statement development
- TSA strategy and implementation
- Day One and separation readiness
- Stranded cost identification and minimization
The future of the deal
Throughout the M&A life cycle, Deloitte’s Total M&A Solution provides cognitive enablers and accelerators to bring the power of automation, analytics, and machine learning to M&A transactions. The integrated set of innovative accelerators and enablers offers solutions that can be tailored to each client’s transaction journey—and helps map the path ahead. The end result is smarter insights, increased confidence about the future, and a better experience for every transaction team.
Potential bottom-line benefits
- Increasing shareholder value through rapid, effective transaction execution
- Reducing risk by enhancing business continuity and developing executable TSAs
- Identifying quick wins that give a transaction early credibility
- Enhancing discipline through content-rich, knowledge-based program management
- Reducing disruption by focusing on people and change management
- Retaining customers and employees through rigorous execution of customized playbooks
- Reducing stranded costs by confirming SG&A details don’t fall between the cracks
Divestitures require specific capabilities, from strategy through execution, that may not be available in-house at most companies.