Digital Thread for Additive Manufacturing (DTAM)
In today’s increasingly complex production and sustainment environments, organizations are responding to constraints in their supply chain and manufacturing by looking to additive manufacturing (AM). However, to use AM at industrial scale, organizations need to manage a series of complicated, connected, and data-driven events. The digital thread, a single seamless strand of data that stretches from the initial design to the finished part, is the key to optimizing AM production capability.
- Untangling the Digital Thread
- Upcoming Events where DTAM solution will be featured
- Bringing complementary capabilities
- Stepping through the digital thread
- Insights from Deloitte University Press
Untangling the Digital Thread
Upcoming events where DTAM solution will be featured
- RAPID + TCT 3D Manufacturing Conference
May 8-11, 2017, Pittsburg, PA
- Siemens PLM Connection Americas (Additive Manufacturing Track)
May 8-11, 2017, Indianapolis, IN
Bringing complementary capabilities
By linking together disparate applications, printers, processes, and associated data, the digital thread can collect, manage, and analyze valuable information from every stage of the product lifecycle, driving insights for continuous process and product optimization.
Together Deloitte and Siemens PLM Software have created a Digital Thread for Additive Manufacturing (DTAM):
Siemens PLM market leading technology, offers capabilities across the Digital Enterprise. Siemens PLM brings the knowledge and the technology to support organizations looking to link physical part and process data across engineering design, planning, manufacturing execution, quality, and sustainment.
- Siemens PLM Software Digital Enterprise
- Siemens PLM Software Additive Manufacturing
- Siemens PLM Software delivering end-to-end solutions for Additive Manufacturing
- Siemens PLM Software Deloitte alliance partnership
Deloitte rounds out the DTAM offering by guiding the enabling processes and providing enterprise-wide maturity assessments. Deloitte has demonstrated expertise with the management and architecture of information systems, workforce development and planning, and engineering process optimization. These can be brought together to inform tailored operating models and business case analyses for implementing DTAM.
- Deloitte Additive Manufacturing website
- Deloitte Additive Manufacturing issues and opportunities for private companies
Insights from Deloitte University Press
Additive manufacturing ties it all together
While additive manufacturing has become a crucial part of the design process, it has not reached critical mass at the enterprise level. The digital thread—a single, seamless strand of data that stretches from the initial design to the finished part—can help scale and enhance AM capabilities.
The first phase of the digital thread
The digital thread is a single, seamless strand that carries data through the AM process. Reaping the benefits of AM requires an in-depth understanding of the digital thread—including the first phase, scan/design + analyze, which lays the groundwork for subsequent stages.