Infrastructure Finance and Procurement Services has been added to your bookmarks.
Infrastructure Finance and Procurement Services
A US public sector advisory practice
Deloitte's Infrastructure Finance & Procurement Advisory (IFPA) group advises US and international government and private sector clients on the procurement of infrastructure assets and related services.
- Project framework, procurement options analysis, prioritization, and selection
- Infrastructure Funding and Financing Services
- Our team and how we can help
- Related content
- Get in touch
Project framework, procurement options analysis, prioritization, and selection
We have deep experience in assisting clients with:
- Identifying and developing sources of value and funding that can be used to acquire and sustain an infrastructure asset or service
- Analyzing procurement options, including public-private partnerships (P3s), project finance, and conventional public procurement
- Developing risk and responsibility allocations across the spectrum of design-build-finance-operate-maintain-own decisions a sponsor must make
- Performing sophisticated financial and economic modeling to assist in transaction and procurement structuring and execution, both from the perspective of sponsors and investors in projects
Infrastructure Funding and Financing Services
In our experience, the biggest challenge to infrastructure development globally is finding the money to build and operate infrastructure assets. While many have focused on attempting to devise clever financing solutions, we believe the problem is usually more fundamental—many project sponsors haven’t identified the long-term funding sources they will use to pay back the financiers and to keep their assets in a state of good repair. And they haven’t figured out the most efficient way to deliver the infrastructure over its life. The IFPA group takes a broad “lifecycle” approach to assisting our clients in the development of their projects. These services include:
Our team and how we can help
Our team includes former investment bankers, financial and strategic advisors, and engineers with deep experience executing complex transactions across multiple asset classes in real property, infrastructure, and financial assets. This includes transportation—roads, bridges, tunnels, transit systems, passenger rail (high-speed and traditional), ports, and airports; energy and electric; water and sewer; health care; social infrastructure (government buildings, schools, etc.); and urban and transit-oriented development. It also includes deep experience with financial instruments including equity (common and preferred), debt (bonds, bank loans, project finance, corporate finance, municipal finance, mezzanine, etc.), and derivatives (swaps, collateralized debt obligations, other securitizations.)
We have developed a set of proprietary frameworks and tools based on market-leading technologies and our deep experience that allows us to bring the latest and leading analysis to our clients.
Whether it is trying to understand which action may be best to take with your existing portfolio of assets or how to develop and expand your next set of assets, we can help you navigate the decisions and actions needed to achieve those goals.