IPO Advisory Services | Deloitte US has been added to your bookmarks.
Initial Public Offering (IPO) Advisory Services
Readiness. Risk management. Insights.
The market for Initial Public Offerings has never been more complex or challenging. Our IPO Advisory Services team provides the end-to-end, “turn-key” solutions and strategies your organization needs through the IPO process. Our tools and methodologies help companies mitigate transaction risk and compress execution timelines so you can stay focused on your company and investors. Are you ready?
- Preparing for your IPO
- Our IPO readiness services
- Featured thought leadership
- Get in touch
Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory aids businesses with IPO readiness by assisting in evaluating and implementing the requirements for going public and reporting as a public company. Below are some considerations for your IPO journey.
Preparing for your IPO
IPO areas of focus
Strategies for going public and being public
The market for IPOs can be volatile. Favorable conditions for going public can vanish as quickly as they arise. Careful pre-IPO planning is critical. The plan must consider the tasks and the timing of the tasks required to go public and operate in public. The company must be prepared to perform in the glare of the public spotlight.
For privately held companies, "being public"–choosing to act as a public company–may yield tangible, financial value regardless of whether or not there is an IPO in the works. The preparation that goes into being public provides a strong foundation for managing the company well and may produce the benefits of:
- An effective and efficient finance function
- Improved decision-making support
- Value driving internal controls
- Risk mitigation
If you are considering taking your company public, or playing a role in an initial public offering, consider the impact on all areas of the company to create the competence, confidence, and performance to maximize the value of the IPO.
Featured thought leadership
Here are links to some materials that provide insight into the IPO process:
- Strategies for Going Public
- Heads Up – Two years after the JOBS Act
- Heads Up – JOBS Act to ease access to investment capital
- WSJ CFO Journal: Disclosure and Communication Issues to Consider Under the JOBS Act
- WSJ CFO Journal: Considering an IPO? Six Essential Planning Stages of Going Public
- WSJ CFO Journal: A guide to pre-IPO planning