Pro Bono and skills-based volunteering has been added to your bookmarks.
Life at Deloitte
Pro Bono and skills-based volunteering
Making an impact. Every day.
Deloitte’s pro bono and skills-based volunteering programs are key components of our commitment to leveraging the skills and experience of our people to make an impact that matters in our communities.
Celebrating 10 years of Pro Bono
In its 10th year, Deloitte’s pro bono program is a centerpiece of Deloitte’s community-powered efforts. Pro bono investments are part of the firm’s commitment to leveraging the collective intelligence and ambition of our people to help nonprofits address their most critical issues and drive transformational social outcomes.
Our pro bono social impact strategy is focused on investments that help young people prepare for college and build skills or create pathways for people to be successful in today’s work environment and in the future. In addition to our formal pro bono projects, we also provide numerous other opportunities for our professionals to volunteer their skills in the social sector. These programs allow us to not only drive social impact, but also grow our talent by providing leadership, professional skill development, and team building opportunities.
Our Pro Bono program
The guiding principle of the Deloitte pro bono program is to treat our pro bono clients exactly the same way we treat our paid clients.
When our clients hire us, they seek and expect the full depth and breadth of the capabilities that Deloitte has to offer. We realized that it should be the same with our pro bono clients. Why? Because, while each pro bono project is championed by someone at Deloitte who is passionate about the cause, the resources available to deliver the work extend far beyond that individual and their capabilities. For us, this means deploying teams full-time and leveraging the full range of our service delivery capabilities, including The Deloitte Greenhouse® Breakthrough Labs.
Over the past decade, Deloitte professionals have devoted more than 750,000 hours of their time and talent in pro bono service to support our communities.
Deloitte’s pro bono projects consistently receive high ratings for impact—from both our clients and our people:
- During our last fiscal year, 88 percent of nonprofit clients surveyed reported that through the project, the organization developed business critical capabilities, 92 percent reported that the project will enable the organization to increase the reach of its services, and 95 percent reported that the project will enable the organization to improve the quality or effectiveness of its services
- Our people love pro bono, too! 100 percent of our pro bono project leaders and 91 percent of our pro bono project team members surveyed reported that pro bono affected or significantly affected their job satisfaction. In addition, 98 percent of team members reported pro bono as an opportunity to develop their professional skills
Deloitte’s transformative collaboration with City Year including intellectual capital, volunteer leadership and financial resources has propelled City Year to develop and execute effective strategies in support of keeping students on track to success.
- Jim Balfanz, President, City Year
Examples of other Pro Bono opportunities
- Skills-based volunteering: In addition to full-time support, Deloitte professionals volunteered ~170,000 hours every year to help local nonprofits in the community tackle pressing challenges such as talent development, data analysis, and donor engagement. Support can range from one-day workshops to six-month projects where individuals volunteer 2-5 hours per week.
- Board service: 3000+ Deloitte professionals demonstrate their exceptional commitment to the nonprofit community by serving as nonprofit board members. We also offer programs where junior staff can shadow Deloitte leaders who serve on nonprofit boards.
- Service trips: Every year, 200+ Deloitte Consulting LLP professionals lead and participate in week-long service-related consulting projects to educate and empower nonprofits and social entrepreneurs in developing countries such as Guatemala and Nicaragua.
- Inspire: Deloitte Consulting LLP is a member of Inspire, a national, nonprofit consulting organization comprising volunteers from leading management consulting firms. Through Inspire, our practitioners provide small-scale strategy projects for education and youth-focused nonprofit clients.