Preparing for the scenario interview has been saved
Preparing for the scenario interview
Demonstrate your problem solving skills
Scenario interviews give you the opportunity to demonstrate your thought process and creativity in the context of a real-life scenario. At the same time, you’ll learn more about the work we do in Risk & Financial Advisory at Deloitte.
What are scenario interviews?
Scenario interviews simulate a potential situation you could face as a Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory analyst and help determine a candidate’s ability and interest to make value-add contributions to an engagement team.
How to approach a scenario interview
In addition to learning more about a career in Risk & Financial Advisory, we encourage you to consider the following approach when tackling a scenario interview:
- Make sure you understand the scenario presented by your interviewer
- Ask clarifying questions or additional questions if you feel you need more information before responding
- Develop a logical structure and identify assumptions; take notes while the scenario is being read to help you structure your thoughts and how you’d like to respond
- Summarize specific issues and findings; state your assumptions and the issues presented in the scenario
- Provide your final thoughts, recommendations, and answers to the question at hand
Often, there are no right or wrong answers, and you are not expected to provide the “right” answer, but rather clearly convey your logic and thought process.
We’ve developed an interactive scenario interview prep tool to give you the chance to practice demonstrating your thought process and creativity in the structure of a scenario interview.
Visit our scenario interview prep tool and start building your scenario interviewing skills today!
Learn a few ways to stand out in your virtual interview.
Our people and our culture make Deloitte a place where leaders thrive. Get an inside look at the rich diversity of background, education, and experiences of our consulting professionals through our career journeys.
Risk & Financial Advisory careers
Learn more about our career opportunities in Risk & Financial Advisory.