3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing Consulting has been added to Bookmarks.
3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing Consulting
The terms ‘additive manufacturing’ and ‘3D printing’ are often used synonymously. We think of ‘additive manufacturing’ as the scaled application of 3D printing technology. Learn how Deloitte is helping clients adopt—and adapt to—this game-changing driver of Industry 4.0.
- Deloitte and additive manufacturing technologies
- Watch the video
- Digital thread: The bridge between the physical and digital world
- More Deloitte perspectives
- Get in touch
Deloitte and additive manufacturing technologies
Additive manufacturing at scale is here, and there’s a real opportunity to maximize its value by digitizing key elements of the product and supply chain lifecycle. That’s where Deloitte comes in. We help our clients realize the power of incorporating additive manufacturing into their digital operations.
Digital thread: The bridge between the physical and digital world
Exponential technologies are coming together in entirely new ways for enterprises. The traditional economies of scale and scope are changing, and they’re setting the stage for a new generation of market opportunities and end-to-end supply network capabilities. This digital thread will bridge the gaps between the digital and physical worlds and set new standards for business. 3D printing and additive manufacturing will be critical in these evolutions.
The digital thread is moving the design, manufacture, and testing of industrial parts and machines into the digital sphere. A recent video series from MIT Sloan Management Review and Deloitte Insights
Watch the full "Following the digital thread" series.
Learn more about Deloitte’s Digital Thread for Additive Manufacturing (DTAM).
More Deloitte perspectives on 3D printing, additive manufacturing, and Industry 4.0 technologies
Deloitte has published extensively on the key drivers of Industry 4.0, and we’re helping clients successfully navigate this complex but critical journey.
- Industry 4.0 technologies: How prepared are organizations and leaders to embrace the Industry 4.0 revolution? As it turns out, not very. Our survey of 1,600 C-level executives across 19 countries digs deeper. Read the report.
- 3D opportunity: The role 3D printing—or additive manufacturing—plays in the manufacturing value chain is continually expanding. Learn how
this Industry4.0 technology is transforming industries and their supply chains.
- Digital supply networks: What was once a linear supply chain path is collapsing into a set of always-on, dynamic, and integrated networks characterized by a continuous flow of information and analytics. Turn your supply chain into a strategic differentiator.
- Industrial IoT: The Internet of Things (IoT) is bringing the future to today's businesses. Learn how Deloitte is helping companies leverage the power of IoT.
- Tax governance in Industry 4.0: The impact of Industry 4.0 technologies on tax policies is still largely ignored. How will today’s international tax system need to adapt?
- Center for Integrated research: Deloitte’s center for integrated research focuses on developing fresh perspectives on critical business issues that cut across industries and functions, from the rapid change of emerging technologies to the consistent factor of human behavior. Find out how they look at transformative topics in new ways.
Additive Manufacturing at scale arrives
Jason Clark, a leader in Deloitte Consulting LLP’s Digital Supply Networks practice, shares his insights in this Wall Street Journal CIO Journal article on how enterprises can incorporate AM into their product development and supply chains to reduce costs and drive product design and innovation.
3D opportunity: The course on additive manufacturing for business leaders
How does additive manufacturing apply to your business? Our new MOOC is designed to help expand your knowledge of the business implications of additive manufacturing and inform your choices about how and where to invest in these technologies. Watch here.
One more product of 3D printing: supply chain disruption
As additive manufacturing matures, what does that mean for supply chains and how will they be disrupted? Find out in this article in SupplyChain Dive.
Ready to start the conversation? Let’s talk!
Vinod Devan, Product Strategy and Operations, Deloitte Consulting LLP
Doug Gish, Supply Chain and Network Operations, Deloitte Consulting LLP
Adam Mussomeli, Digital Supply Networks, Deloitte Consulting LLP
Jason Clark, Manufacturing Strategy & Smart Operations, Deloitte Consulting LLP