Global business services | Deloitte US has been added to your bookmarks.
Global Business Services
Achieving the next level of performance
A satellite in a geosynchronous equatorial orbit can communicate consistently and uninterrupted with many earthbound satellite antennas, all of which are aligned to the same point in the sky. Leading businesses are now using Global Business Services (GBS) to create similar alignment among their business units. Instead of operating numerous shared service centers and managing outsourcing vendors separately, organizations can integrate governance, locations, and business practices across the enterprise to achieve transformative performance improvements. In this way, GBS serves as a single enterprise organization or network that can drive collaboration and sharing to improve delivery efficiency, effectiveness, and business outcomes.
Deloitte’s Global Business Services practice works closely with senior executives to understand their strategic vision and to assess how GBS might align with their business strategy to drive results. We advise our clients from initial strategy development, through the implementation and launch of the Global Business Services, to refinements of the Global Business Services model over time to help achieve the next level of performance.
For mature companies with shared services and outsourcing, we work to bring order to existing contracts, practices, and processes. We help find the next opportunity for incremental value, managing exposure to global locations and service providers, and improving internal and external controls. Businesses with limited experience may have a single function utilizing shared services or outsourcing. We help capitalize on progress made and leverage lessons learned to drive value across other areas of their global enterprise.
We advise companies as they:
- Develop and evaluate an initial Global Business Services strategy
- Integrate function specific shared services centers into a broader Global Business Services model
- Evaluate sites and facilities locally and globally to help effectively develop a footprint for internal customer service, potential cost advantage, and taxes
- Establish effective governance procedures, service-level agreements, and performance management for global business services
- Explore potential benefits of offshoring or outsourcing certain processes or services in the context of global business services
- Define and develop new, value added services including global master data, analytics
Learn about Deloitte’s GBS Maturity Assessment Tool
Potential bottom-line benefits
- Improved alignment with the business strategy and growth agenda
- A global approach that can improve visibility, control, and risk management
- Cost and operational efficiencies on a global scale consistently across functions
- Benefits from one integrated organization with end-to-end processes
- Improved analytics and insights from access to cross-functional data
- An agile organization with flexible scalability to respond to changing business needs such as mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
Global Business Services creates a single enterprise organization or network that can drive collaboration and sharing to improve delivery efficiency, effectiveness, and business outcomes.
Stay ahead with these additional resources
The Deloitte GBS Reader: From cost center to competitive advantage
Given the complex mix of people, processes, technology, and multiple geographies involved, GBS implementation demands targeted and thorough research and preparation. Explore this compendium of 14 articles based on research, case studies, and client work that helps shed light on the challenges and benefits of global business services.
Global outsourcing survey 2016
The quest to drive business value through outsourcing was once focused on cost-cutting—and this will remain a key motivation—but the results of Deloitte’s global outsourcing survey 2016 indicates that outsourcing is becoming a vibrant pathway for driving innovation into the enterprise.
The value of robotic process automation in shared services
Repetitive, manual tasks are monotonous for humans and cumbersome for businesses. Robotic process automation (RPA) helps automate processes, allowing early adopters in service delivery and global business services (GBS) to achieve cost efficiencies and create more nimble and competitive businesses.
Shared services, outsourcing, global business services―and the cloud
The cloud is here—not next year, not next quarter, but right now—and service delivery leaders need to start making decisions on the cloud or they could find that the decisions have effectively been made for them. Explore some ways to get started.