Shared Services Consulting Bookmark has been added
Shared Services Consulting
Achieve the next level of performance
Beloved classical compositions have a magical combination of instruments playing in orchestrated harmony. Organizations that effectively embrace shared services exhibit a similar flawless synchronization, turning complex movements into exceptional execution. With such shining examples around, why don’t all companies embrace or expand the shared services model?
Historically, shared services centers (SSCs) were used primarily to reduce the cost of core business functions, such as finance, procurement, human resources, and information technology. With cost reduction as its focus, SSCs didn’t always create harmonious experiences for users. Over time, many SSCs have evolved to be true service-oriented organizations, providing exceptional customer experiences over a much broader scope of services.
By focusing on the customer experience as well as internal execution, organizations are implementing a more coordinated strategy across functions leading to the creation of multifunction shared services and global business services. Shared services as a strategic business model transforms how a company with diverse business units operates globally. By connecting business units through their common core enabling functions, companies can streamline and improve how they conduct business – leading to consistent service delivery excellence leveraging effective and efficient practices.
Deloitte's Shared Services team works closely with executives to consider how a shared services operating model aligns with their specialists business strategy. We help drive desired results at the highest strategic levels: from initial strategy development and determining what the value of shared services is to a company, through the implementation and opening of a shared services center, to refinements of the shared services organization to help it achieve the next level of performance.
Our 11th biennial global shared services survey report, representing 700+ shared services centers (SSCs), offers trends and best practices around digital adoption, cost efficiency, organizational structure, and location strategy. Explore how SSCs are increasingly becoming more global, complex, and digital.
- Develop and evaluate an initial SSC strategy or consider expanding an existing SSC
- Evaluate sites and facilities locally and globally to help effectively locate an SSC
- Design and implement the SSC’s IT infrastructure and networks
- Address organizational and change management issues, including workforce transition, training, and communications
- Establish effective governance procedures and service-level agreements for ongoing shared services management
- Integrate the SSC into a company’s broader service delivery model organization, which may include offshoring or outsourcing
- Explore potential benefits of outsourcing certain processes or services
Potential bottom-line benefits
- Create a platform for cost-competitive growth
- Improve cost visibility and metrics of back-office operations
- Improve internal control efficiency and effectiveness
- Optimize workforce through process improvement and consolidation of work
- Take advantage of labor arbitrage through relocation of operations
- Improve cash flows through tax-efficient structures and strategies
- Eliminate redundancy and work fragmentation
Connecting business units through their common core processes can lead to consistent service delivery excellence.