Shared Services Practice | Deloitte US has been added to your bookmarks.
Achieve the next level of performance
Beloved classical compositions have a magical combination of instruments playing in orchestrated harmony. Organizations that effectively embrace shared services exhibit a similar flawless synchronization, turning complex movements into exceptional execution. With such shining examples around, why don’t all companies embrace or expand the shared services model?
Deloitte's Shared Services team works closely with executives to consider how a shared services operating model aligns with their specialists business strategy. We help drive desired results at the highest strategic levels: from initial strategy development and determining what the value of shared services is to a company, through the implementation and opening of a shared services center, to refinements of the shared services organization to help it achieve the next level of performance.
- Develop and evaluate an initial SSC strategy or consider expanding an existing SSC
- Evaluate sites and facilities locally and globally to help effectively locate an SSC
- Design and implement the SSC’s IT infrastructure and networks
- Address organizational and change management issues, including workforce transition, training, and communications
- Establish effective governance procedures and service-level agreements for ongoing shared services management
- Integrate the SSC into a company’s broader service delivery model organization, which may include offshoring or outsourcing
- Explore potential benefits of outsourcing certain processes or services
Potential bottom-line benefits
- Create a platform for cost-competitive growth
- Improve cost visibility and metrics of back-office operations
- Improve internal control efficiency and effectiveness
- Optimize workforce through process improvement and consolidation of work
- Take advantage of labor arbitrage through relocation of operations
- Improve cash flows through tax-efficient structures and strategies
- Eliminate redundancy and work fragmentation
Connecting business units through their common core processes can lead to consistent service delivery excellence.