Manufacturing Strategy and Operations | Deloitte US has been added to your bookmarks.
Manufacturing Strategy and Operations
Improving operational performance
Like a tennis player standing poised, keeping both eyes on the ball and anticipating her opponent’s next move, a manufacturer that takes a strategically superior stance can position itself to ace the competition.
Ready to strike
Deloitte's Supply Chain & Manufacturing Operations practice helps global manufacturers translate their business strategy into practical operational plans through an effective manufacturing strategy. We help companies implement their strategy by finding ways to improve operational performance across complex value chains. This includes assessing manufacturing capacity, core versus noncore products, where products are made, core capabilities versus those that can be outsourced, where manufacturing plants are located and their supporting supply base, and even advanced manufacturing technologies.
Manufacturing Strategy and Operations services
- Manufacturing strategy development
- Facility rationalization and manufacturing expansion
- Production systems and lean operations improvement
- Direct material cost reduction and supplier development
- M&A-related operational synergy realization
Potential bottom-line benefits
- Lead times reduced by up to 90 percent, throughput increases of up to two times with no investment
- Internal costs reduced by up to 30 percent
- Increased asset efficiency—up to 70 percent reduction in inventory and 85 percent in PPE utilization
- Direct material cost reduction by up to 40 percent
- Proactive business continuity risk mitigation cost reduction by up to 40 percent
Today, manufacturers that want to stay ahead should focus on improved supplier relations and integration; more efficient product flow and the manufacturability of product designs; and ever increasing agility across the supply chain.