2020 Banking Regulatory Outlook has been saved
2020 Banking Regulatory Outlook
Breaking down this year’s federal banking regulations
Gain industry insights into a profoundly changing banking regulatory environment and the current trends financial services institutions should monitor in 2020.
- Adapt and respond: 2020 banking regulatory trends
- Expand to read
- Look again
- Get in touch
- Join the conversation
Adapt and respond: 2020 banking regulatory trends
After a decade of global regulatory reforms defined by the financial crisis and misconduct issues, the regulatory environment is changing profoundly. The international consensus on regulatory reform is fraying. Political appetite for globalization is retreating, and trade tensions are mounting. Technological change and social concerns, including environmental sustainability, are rising on regulators’ agendas. Financial services firms need to be prepared to respond to these trends.
Against a changing economic background, there will be increased focus on firms’ financial and operational resilience, how they adapt to technological change and innovation, and how they respond to political and social pressures in areas such as sustainability and financial inclusion.
Select from the topics below to learn more about banking regulations and trends we are tracking in 2020. We will update each topic with new thought leadership throughout the year to keep you informed of developing trends and insights.
More banking industry trends and insights
- Read our 2020 banking and capital markets outlook to understand how banks can fortify the core for the next wave of disruption
- Check out our QuickLook blog, Data privacy: A new service opportunity for financial institutions
- See how banks can help protect investments and clients as the costs of climate change continue to rise
- Understand what differentiates the strongest cybersecurity programs from the rest at financial institutions.
- Explore how information governance can help organizations use their data privacy capabilities as a potential source of competitive advantage
This publication is part of the Deloitte Center for Regulatory Strategy Americas’ annual, cross-industry series on the year’s top regulatory trends. To learn more about regulatory challenges and opportunities in other industries, visit the Regulatory Outlooks homepage.
In today’s rapidly evolving marketplace environment, key business issues are converging with impacts felt across multiple industry sectors. What are the key trends, challenges, and opportunities that may affect your business and influence your strategy? Look for more perspectives and insights from some of Deloitte’s forward thinkers.
A launch pad for better risk management
Finalized rule adopts modified June 2018 proposed Amendments