2020 Investment Management Regulatory Outlook Bookmark has been added
2020 Investment Management Regulatory Outlook
The latest in asset management compliance
Learn how investment management regulation is affecting the industry and get updates on what companies should be tracking in 2020.
- Investment management regulation in 2020: Staying on top of emerging trends
- More investment management trends and insights
- Look again
- Get in touch
- Related topics
Investment management regulation in 2020: Staying on top of emerging trends
Today's regulatory, legal, and compliance functions are being asked to do more with less while grappling with new and emerging challenges that stem from the near-ubiquitous use of advanced technologies. In this digital world, new threats are emerging along with new laws and regulations to help protect consumers and the markets. Regulators, both domestic and foreign, are focused on data privacy protections to mitigate the risks that result from improper collection, handling, storage, and use of data. Cyber threats continue to become more sophisticated and more damaging, putting even more urgency around developing protections from bad actors, both external and internal.
Against this backdrop, investment management companies should continue to modernize and rationalize their regulatory, legal, and asset management compliance functions and their practices. Our report highlights the key regulatory trends investment management companies will likely need to monitor and manage in 2020.
Select a topic below to learn more about the investment management regulations we’re tracking for 2020. We’ll be updating each topic with new thought leadership and content throughout the year, so you can explore trends and insights as they develop.
More investment management trends and insights
- Explore Deloitte’s 2020 investment management outlook for insight on how investment management firms can capture growth in the year ahead by crossing boundaries and moving out of their comfort zones.
- Understand how real estate institutional investors and managers can use data analytics and artificial intelligence to improve decision-making.
- Read our perspective, Reimagining customer privacy for the digital age, on how financial institutions can strike the right balance between better access to information and ensuring consumer trust.
- Learn about the power of blockchain, the latest developments, and how investment management firms can get started on implementation.
This publication is part of the Deloitte Center for Regulatory Strategy Americas’ annual, cross-industry series on the year’s top regulatory trends. To learn more about regulatory challenges and opportunities in other industries, visit the regulatory outlook homepage.
In today's rapidly evolving marketplace environment, key business issues are converging with impacts felt across multiple industry sectors. What are the key trends, challenges, and opportunities that may affect your business and influence your strategy? Look for more perspectives and insights from some of Deloitte’s forward thinkers.
Requirements, impacts, challenges, and opportunities
Asset management trends indicate another year of challenges