2020 Capital Markets Regulatory Outlook has been added to Bookmarks.
2020 Capital Markets Regulatory Outlook
Navigating new and emerging securities regulations
Our capital markets outlook provides insight into the financial markets regulations companies should be tracking and addressing in 2020.
- Outlook for capital markets regulation in 2020: Staying on top of emerging trends
- Look again
- Get in touch
- Join the conversation
- Related topics
Outlook for capital markets regulation in 2020: Staying on top of emerging trends
Today's regulatory, legal, and compliance functions are being asked to do more with less while grappling with new and emerging challenges that stem from the near-ubiquitous use of advanced technologies. In this digital world, new threats are emerging along with new laws and regulations to help protect consumers and the markets. Regulators, both domestic and foreign, are focused on data privacy protections to mitigate the risks that result from improper collection, handling, storage, and use of data. Cyber threats continue to become more sophisticated and more damaging, putting even more urgency around developing protections from bad actors, both external and internal.
Against this backdrop, firms should continue to modernize and rationalize their regulatory, legal, and capital markets compliance functions and their practices. Our report highlights the capital markets trends firms will likely need to monitor and manage in 2020.
Select a topic below to learn more about the financial markets regulations we’re tracking for 2020. We’ll be updating each topic with new thought leadership and content throughout the year, so you can explore trends and insights as they develop.
More capital markets trends and insights
- Explore Deloitte’s 2020 banking and capital markets outlook for insights on how the next wave of disruption is pushing firms to change how they manage their operations and deliver customer value.
- Read our perspective, Data privacy: A new service opportunity for financial institutions, on a different way to think about the impact of new privacy regulations.
- Gain insight into how organizations can use information governance to manage data privacy risk.
- Learn how financial institutions are differentiating themselves through cybersecurity maturity.
This publication is part of the Deloitte Center for Regulatory Strategy Americas’ annual, cross-industry series on the year’s top regulatory trends. To learn more about regulatory challenges and opportunities in other industries, visit the Regulatory Outlooks homepage.
In today’s rapidly evolving marketplace environment, key business issues are converging with impacts felt across multiple industry sectors. What are the key trends, challenges, and opportunities that may affect your business and influence your strategy? Look for more perspectives and insights from some of Deloitte’s forward thinkers.