On-call Accounting Advisory Services has been saved
On-call Accounting Advisory Services
A holistic accounting approach tailored to your challenges
As the accounting world rapidly evolves, businesses are demanding more from CFOs, CAOs, controllers, and their teams. This is pushing accounting teams to be as agile and efficient as ever. Discover how our on-call accounting advisory team’s accounting guidance can help accounting and financial reporting departments handle today’s challenges and add organizational value.
The complex accounting world companies face
Preparing financial statements today is more complex and challenging than ever. Market downturns can increase demand for things like impairment analyses, evaluations of changes to financing arrangements, and even evaluations of whether companies can continue as going concerns. Market upswings may shift focus to things like acquisitions and IPOs. Meanwhile, companies are trying to keep up with the implementation of new accounting standards like ASC 606 and ASC 842.
Deloitte’s On-call Accounting Advisory professionals can help you confidently meet these challenges and more in an ever-changing financial reporting environment. An on-call accounting adviser with holistic accounting knowledge, a track record of making and defending accounting positions, and the ability to identify and address thorny issues early can help you deftly handle accounting challenges as they surface instead of scrambling to keep up. Likewise, teaming with an experienced accounting adviser who has helped others implement new standards can help prevent organizationwide disruption and provide clear disclosures regarding the expected impact of a new standard.
The custom-built accounting support companies need
Deloitte’s On-call Accounting Advisory Services provide companies of all sizes with tailored support to meet today’s complex and evolving accounting needs. Every company has its own set of accounting challenges. We can help companies confidently address them within the ever-changing accounting environment.
We can benefit not only a client’s accounting and reporting function, but also their entire organization. The custom-built accounting strategies we advise on prioritize efficiency, freeing up valuable resources to focus on other business priorities and imperatives.
Examples of the types of matters on which we can advise include:
• Recognition of revenue (including implementing ASC 606 and helping to answer questions as they arise)
• Accounting for share-based payments (including classification, measurement, and recognition)
• Accounting for the issuance of convertible debt, warrants, and other financial assets and liabilities (including identifying and accounting for freestanding and embedded derivatives)
• Implementation of hedging strategies
• Identification of and accounting for leases
• Evaluation of the impact of changing foreign currency exchange rates
• Presentation in the statement of cash flows
• Accounting for complex transactions that span multiple subject-matter areas
We can help you execute on projects such as:
• Preparation and review of draft accounting position papers or memos
• Drafting of financial statement disclosures
• Assistance with identifying accounting issues and performing accounting research
• Preparation of statement of cash flows and earnings per share reporting questions and preparation
• Analyses of embedded derivatives, consolidations, and impairments
Taking on today’s biggest accounting challenges
Deloitte’s on-call accounting advisory services position companies to efficiently address accounting issues as they arise. Working with us, CFOs, CAOs, controllers, and their teams can be proactive in their approach to a wide range of pressing topics, including:
Our clients are our priority. Fueled by innovation and experience, our on-call accounting advisory team stands ready to help organizations make sense of complex and evolving financial reporting standards and demands. Clients benefit from:
- Deloitte professionals with deep technical accounting knowledge and industry insights
- Access to our Deloitte national office
- Accounting and reporting advisory services supplemented by the breadth of Deloitte’s multidisciplinary model (e.g., audit, tax, consulting, risk, and financial advisory)
- Access to our global network of accounting and reporting advisory practices scaled to your needs
Latest news and insights
Contact us to learn more about our services
The services described herein are illustrative in nature and are intended to demonstrate our experience and capabilities in these areas; however, due to independence restrictions that may apply to audit clients (including affiliates) of Deloitte & Touche LLP, we may be unable to provide certain services based on individual facts and circumstances.