Service Delivery Insights has been added to your bookmarks.
Service Delivery Insights
Shared services, outsourcing, and global business services trends
The Service Delivery Insights newsletter is for executives charged with leveraging shared services, outsourcing, and offshoring to create a scalable and effective service delivery model.
- 2017 Global shared services survey
Shared Service Centers continue to grow in popularity and scope, delivering increased value year after year. Meanwhile, technologies such as robotic process automation are rapidly emerging with the promise to transform how shared services are delivered. Deloitte’s 2017 Global shared services survey examines these and other key trends and leading practices.
- Vitamin D: Deloitte’s Analytics Blog
Featuring informed perspectives from Deloitte leaders and other luminaries, Vitamin D delivers bold, real world strategies and inspiring success stories to help organizations gain the insight advantage and achieve stronger outcomes.
- 2017 Global contact center survey
In Deloitte’s 2017 Global contact center survey, customer experience and service improvement topped the priority list. Among the key findings, as soon as 2019 more than half of customer interactions are expected to be through channels other than voice.
- Business integrity in service delivery
Business integrity refers to having reliable data upon which to base decisions before, during, and after structural transformation. Learn how shared services can help add value by guarding business integrity and protecting cost-effectiveness and scalability during major change.
- Transform your corporate legal departments
The need to pursue transformation in the legal department is becoming increasingly clear, as all functions are being asked to do more with less. That's why many CLOs, general counsels, and other legal leaders are looking at transforming their service delivery capabilities. In this issue of Connectors, we identify and explain some of the key steps these leaders are taking on the path to service delivery transformation.
- Ask the pro: What's next in shared services location strategy?
Following the "herd" to new shared services locations can lead to issues with labor availability, attrition, and escalating costs. In this edition of Ask the pro, Matt Highfield, managing director, Deloitte Consulting LLP, discusses the importance of due diligence in location strategy and how to achieve calculated coexistence in new markets.
- Achieving transformation objectives
With customers holding more power than ever before, some transformation leaders are using the customer perspective to drive their transformations—not just as another input.
- Time to move: From interest to adoption of cognitive technology
When it comes to the adoption of cognitive technology, some of the leading companies are progressing rapidly from the pilot project phase to the production application phase. Those on the sidelines would do well to move from interest to adoption of this impressive group of technologies.
- Deloitte expands cloud services with acquisition
It's a big day for Deloitte's cloud practice! We're continuing to invest in our cloud services, providing clients with an advanced set of analytic and cognitive capabilities to enable their digital transformation. These investments will help Deloitte further expand its cloud offering, providing clients with a full spectrum of digital, analytics and enterprise services—that ultimately power business agility and growth in a cloud-driven world.
- Connectors: Guiding the rise of digital global business services
Digital capabilities in areas such as robotics, cognitive computing, and artificial intelligence have the potential to transform the world of global business services. In fact, this transformation is already underway, as we march toward a "digital GBS" future. In this issue of Connectors, we show how to get more out of digital capabilities in a GBS environment.
- Ask the pro: Integrating automation into global business services
How can automation drive new efficiencies and higher-level insights for GBS organizations, and what are the pre-requisites for getting started? In this edition of Ask the Pro, Simon Tarsh, managing director, Deloitte Consulting LLP, talks about Robotics Process Automation (RPA) and the disruptive force of automation in GBS.
- Deloitte's global chief procurement officer survey 2017
Driven by a lack of talent and increasing digital innovation, the traditional procurement operating model has to change. This report covers the key themes and challenges facing the procurement function—including market dynamics, value delivery, collaboration, digital procurement, and talent.
- 2017 Global Human Capital Trends: Rewriting the rules for the digital age
The game of human capital has changed. Strategies that kept organizations ahead before may no longer work. That's because the playing field itself has shifted.
- Connectors: Outsourcing, shared services, and the future of your tax department
Facing intensifying pressures on the regulatory front, not to mention heightened internal expectations for the tax function to play a more strategic role, tax leaders are looking for innovative ways to make their organizations more effective and responsive. Many expect their operating models to play a big role in this effort, starting with outsourcing and shared services. In this issue of Connectors, we take a closer look at the transformation of service delivery capabilities in Tax.
- Using customer service as a competitive differentiator in a digital world
Read about the importance of using a more holistic approach to customer service that connects teams, systems and workflows. Andy Haas, Consulting Managing Director and Global Customer Operations Practice Lead for Deloitte Consulting LLP, was featured in a Harvard Business Review Analytic Services report on rethinking customer service in a connected, digital age.
- Tech Trends 2017: The kinetic enterprise
Are you keeping up? As the underpinnings of information technology shift, it’s never been more important to look ahead and anticipate changes. Fortunately, CIOs are developing the dexterity and vision to grapple with developments ranging from machine intelligence to new IT organizational models.
- The High-Impact HR Operating Model
The High-Impact HR Operating Model is a blueprint for an HR function built on adaptability, innovation, and expertise. It “walks the walk” by helping HR move from a function of service delivery to a driver of strategic workforce, talent, and business outcomes. Here’s how to make it your own.
- An HR perspective on the 2016 Global Outsourcing Survey
New models for HR outsourcing can deliver cost savings and competitive insights. But human resources outsourcing (HRO) solutions can and should go further to inform strategy, enable key processes, and drive ongoing innovation.
- Tech @ the heart of M&A: All people, all systems go
In a new series on the role of technology in M&A, #Tech @ the heart of M&A, Deloitte provides a comprehensive overview of M&A technology transformation based on direct experience helping clients with the essential steps—from due diligence to planning, execution, and post-transaction integration. Explore the collection.
- Transitioning to the future of work and the workplace
In September 2016, Deloitte (sponsored by Facebook) surveyed nearly 250 C-suite executives about the future of work and workplaces. Analysis of their responses reveals six themes about the new organizational environments they will be leading in the future, along with six lessons to help them lead with confidence.
- Design thinking meets HR process transformation
How do you craft HR processes that serve HR customers throughout the employment life cycle? How do you delight and engage the workforce (and potential workforce) at the moments that matter most? The answer may lie in applying design thinking to HR process transformation.
- Ask the pro: Caleb Longenberger
For more than two decades, organizations around the world have used shared services and outsourcing to improve controls and reduce costs. Those tried and true benefits are still relevant, but the expectations placed upon leading global business services (GBS) organizations are now much higher.
- The big question: What does effective transformation leadership look like?
Successful transformations need effective leadership. Read the first piece in a new series, Business insights and guidance (BIG) on transformation which highlights key considerations to help identify a transformation leader who can deliver results.
- An IT perspective of the 2016 Global Outsourcing Survey
IT outsourcing (ITO) “done right” can deliver more than cost and efficiency gains. It can fuel innovation. Learn how companies are using ITO to drive innovation at three key phases of the sourcing lifecycle: strategy, contracting, and governance.
- Outsourcing the M&A back-office headache : Opting out of TSAs and in-house integration
Outsourcing can be an attractive alternative to Transition Services Agreements (TSAs) and in-house integration, providing a reliable, cost-effective back-office solution that can free up resources and help you achieve the goals of your M&A deal more quickly.
- Ask the pro: Gina Schaefer—The value of RPA in shared services
Repetitive, manual tasks are monotonous for humans and cumbersome for businesses. Robotic process automation (RPA) helps automate processes, allowing early adopters in service delivery and global business services (GBS) to achieve cost efficiencies and create more nimble and competitive businesses.
- Connectors: Partnering for the cloud
How can you balance existing technology investments with the promise of cloud capabilities in a shared services/outsourcing/global business services environment? Find out in this cloud-focused issue of Connectors.
- Zoom in on value: Vendor management office
By taking an elevated and strategic approach to innovation, vendor management organizations (VMOs) can manage innovative forces across multiple service providers. Learn how innovation in VMO can deliver new value in our latest global outsourcing perspective.
- Knowledge-based finance functions in service delivery: Why the rewards can be well worth the risks
Finance and accounting organizations are now looking at ways they can optimize resource deployment in the delivery of traditional knowledge-based functions including controllership, tax, treasury, internal audit, and compliance.
- Robotic process automation: A path to the cognitive enterprise
Bots can automate routine tasks and eliminate inefficiency, but what about higher-order work requiring judgment and perception? Developers are incorporating cognitive technologies, including machine learning and speech recognition, into robotic process automation—and giving bots new power.
- Deloitte's 2017 Global Contact Center survey
You are invited to participate in Deloitte's 2017 Global Contact Center survey. Developed in response to a rapidly evolving contact center landscape, our survey is designed to help understand what’s next in the contact center space across strategy, customer experience, and operational/technical capabilities.
- Put it in writing! Why the contract is key to enabling innovation through managed services
As the outsourcing industry continues to evolve and mature, customers will continue to demand more from their managed service providers (MSPs)—particularly in terms of delivering value above and beyond the terms of the agreement.
- Outsourcing is now about innovation, not just lower costs
Value, rather than cost, is the new watchword, and will likely be measured by how service providers help empower business growth through innovation
- Global business services extends analytics efforts
Organizations can improve the reach and effectiveness of analytics insights by embedding them in global business services teams committed to collaborative and continual improvement.
- What can go wrong when banks ship jobs overseas
There are many advantages of offshoring for banks, but there are some challenges, too, particularly in the area of risk.
- Thinking big with business transformation: Six keys to unlocking breakthrough value
Business transformation initiatives require business leaders to rethink how the enterprise creates value today—and in the future.
- Ask a pro: What key insights resulted from Deloitte’s 2016 Global Outsourcing Survey?
Organizations now have opportunities to partner with their service providers differently to harness the power of cloud computing, autonomics, analytics, and more.
- GRID and the five enablers of a shared services strategy: Making shared services work at the core of the business–rather than on the outskirts
As shared services strategies mature, some believe the next step in their evolution will move them to the core of the business–not just driving cost savings, but performing business-critical processes that contribute a different level of value. Discover how to deliver value by mastering five critical areas.
- Aligning the organization for its digital future: Findings from the 2016 digital business global executive study and research report
Read the report in which Digital Deloitte Digital collaborated with MIT Sloan Management Review to understand executives’ views of the digital business opportunity and how companies are harnessing its value.
- Process robotics: The economics of digital labor shakes up outsourcing
Robotic process automation challenges the labor arbitrage of offshore outsourcing, sparking a new discussion among vendors, business leaders, and CIOs.
- Going the extra mile
According to CPA Canada, as more companies send work offshore, many are finding outsourcing overseas is just as easy as working with someone down the hall.
- 5 ways to better manage third-party assurance
CGMA Magazine reports that companies are increasingly expecting outsourcing to do more than reduce costs, but their approach to third-party risk and performance reporting is often less ambitious, Deloitte research suggests.
- The impact of Brexit on shared services
Ask yourself these key questions about the impact of Brexit.
- Connectors: Operationalizing analytics with global business services
Explore our Connectors series including a recent addition which discusses how Global Business Services can help activate successful analytics programs.
- Ask the pro: Make the connections others miss
Hear from Dan McHugh, principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP, about why change management is critical in service delivery transformation.
- Managing the extended enterprise: Third-party intermediaries
Learn how a disciplined program for managing TPI relationships can help your organization drive performance, enhance value, and mitigate risk.
- The cost of IT shared services: Shedding light into the black box
Learn more about improving your organization's IT shared services cost reporting.
- Navigating Latin American shared services opportunities
Discover the unique strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities the diverse set of individual Latin American markets have to offer.
- Deloitte was ranked #1 and named a Leader in Global Consulting for the 6th consecutive year by Gartner, IDC, and ALM Intelligence (formerly Kennedy).
With top ratings across these three major analyst firms, Deloitte can rightly claim “undisputed leader.”
- IPsoft and Deloitte Expedite a New Paradigm for the IT Organization Centered on Autonomic and Cognitive Technologies, Business Wire
Deloitte Consulting LLP and IPsoft announce a new alliance around autonomic and cognitive solutions.
- How to Medal in Outsourcing: Deloitte Poll Finds Room for Improvement in Third-Party Assurance Programs,
The use of outsourcing is steadily increasing, driving a growing need for the sharing of risk and performance reporting between outsource service providers and customers.
- Deloitte’s 2016 Global Outsourcing Survey
Explore insights from our biennial survey to gain a better understanding of what has changed and what may lie ahead for global outsourcing.
- Connectors: Cyber risk management
Discover our Connectors series, including a recent addition which discusses how cyber risk is quickly rising in importance in the realm of shared service, outsourcing and global business services (GBS).
- Ask the pro: Make the connections others miss
Hear from Marc Solow, managing director, Deloitte Consulting LLP, about the next frontier in HR service delivery.
- How is cognitive automation changing the business world as we know it?
Read Deloitte thought leader Tom Davenport’s comments about the impact of this disruptive technology on outsourcing and watch how organizations in financial services and healthcare can use cognitive automation to increase profitability and reduce risks.
- An Introduction to Robotic Process Automation, CIO Journal
Robotic process automation mimics human actions associated with a variety of business processes. In taking on predictable and repeatable tasks, software “robots” have the potential to vastly reduce costs, improve process quality and consistency, and enable greater scalability.
- Managing Third-party Risks to Create and Protect Value, WSJ
Third-party relationships have the power to affect shareholder value negatively or positively, and even exponentially in relation to the vendor’s size and type of service provided.
- Deloitte earns five stars in the World’s Best Outsourcing Advisors of 2016
Read more about Deloitte’s recognition for deep experience and knowledge helping organizations throughout the outsourcing and shared services lifecycle.