Functional Integration & Carve Outs
Tailored plans from tested experiences
In the same way that constructing a building from a vision cast in the blueprint requires intimate knowledge of the inner workings of the components and coordination of the subcontractors, the same is true with post-merger integration and carve outs/divestitures. Time inexorably marches on, and without extensive integration knowledge and experience, along with well-honed methodologies, tools, and resources, the process can become bogged down, costs can soar, and synergy targets can rapidly fall by the wayside.
Deloitte's M&A Functional Integration & Carve Outs practice offers the knowledge, experience, and effective practices gained over the course of thousands of transactions.
We have clearly defined integration and carve out methodologies by corporate function, including finance, human resources, information technology, research and development, sales and marketing, and supply chain. We can provide a tailored plan based on tested experiences. This approach can save time and mitigate risk at each step of the integration or carve out.
Functional Integration & Carve Outs services
- Day One functional readiness and execution
- Functional synergy targeting and realization (integrations)
- Stranded cost identification and minimization (carve outs)
- Operating model and organization design
- Supply chain, suppliers, R&D, and innovation acceleration optimization
- Customer, sales, marketing, and back-office alignment
- Carve-out financial statement development
- Functional transition services agreement development and exit
Potential bottom-line benefits
- Faster integration speed
- Reduced transaction costs
- Exceeded synergy targets
- Established methodologies, tool kits, and templates by functional area
- Streamlined cost structure
Even active serial acquirers may only do one or two M&A deals each year. Most businesses do far fewer. Deloitte does hundreds.
A structured methodology for implementing IBP post-merger or acquisition
All people, all systems go