New York - National Office
30 Rockefeller Plaza, 41st Floor
Dan is an Advisory managing director with the Deloitte Corporate Restructuring Group (CRG), focusing on the health care industry. Before joining Deloitte, he worked as a director at a financial insurance company focused on municipal issuers and tax-exempt hospital providers in particular. Prior to that, Dan worked at international banks providing advisory services and financing solutions for tax-exempt health care issuers as well as for high-yield corporate clients.
Dan has vast credit analysis experience and has worked closely with clients, advisors, attorneys, and rating agencies on health care transactions.
Some of Dan’s notable experience includes:
- Portfolio manager responsible for the surveillance and remediation of a $30 billion insured hospital portfolio with additional responsibilities covering other tax-exempt sectors
- Finance director with extensive experience working with distressed credits on covenant adjustments, loan workouts, and reorganization through either Chapter 11 or Chapter 9 (municipal bankruptcy); negotiated with attorneys, advisors, management, and the board of directors to achieve suitable solutions
- Municipal investment banker with experience structuring tax-exempt bond transactions primarily for not-for-profit hospital systems across the country
- Mergers and acquisitions valuation experience working to advise not-for-profit hospital systems in different US markets; evaluated potential acquisition targets or the potential divestiture of system hospitals
- Credit analyst with significant experience assessing the financial strength and debt structure of municipalities and non-profit hospital systems
- Banker with experience in the high yield/leveraged loan markets having worked closely with financial sponsor groups and their portfolio companies; managed bank group negotiations regarding loan covenant violations and managed the remediation process on various high-yield transactions in several sectors
- Dan is currently serving as a board member of the Municipal Analyst Group of New York
- Bachelor of Arts, Columbia University
- Master of Business Administration, McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin