New York - National Office
30 Rockefeller Plaza
Dan is an Advisory managing director with the Deloitte Corporate Restructuring Group (CRG), focusing on the health care industry. Before joining Deloitte, he worked as a director at a financial insurance company focused on municipal issuers and tax-exempt hospital providers in particular. Prior to that, Dan worked at international banks providing advisory services and financing solutions for tax-exempt health care issuers as well as for high-yield corporate clients.
Dan has vast credit analysis experience and has worked closely with clients, advisors, attorneys, and rating agencies on health care transactions.
Some of Dan’s notable experience includes:
- Portfolio manager responsible for the surveillance and remediation of a $30 billion insured hospital portfolio with additional responsibilities covering other tax-exempt sectors
- Finance director with extensive experience working with distressed credits on covenant adjustments, loan workouts, and reorganization through either Chapter 11 or Chapter 9 (municipal bankruptcy); negotiated with attorneys, advisors, management, and the board of directors to achieve suitable solutions
- Municipal investment banker with experience structuring tax-exempt bond transactions primarily for not-for-profit hospital systems across the country
- Mergers and acquisitions valuation experience working to advise not-for-profit hospital systems in different US markets; evaluated potential acquisition targets or the potential divestiture of system hospitals
- Credit analyst with significant experience assessing the financial strength and debt structure of municipalities and non-profit hospital systems
- Banker with experience in the high yield/leveraged loan markets having worked closely with financial sponsor groups and their portfolio companies; managed bank group negotiations regarding loan covenant violations and managed the remediation process on various high-yield transactions in several sectors
- Dan is currently serving as a board member of the Municipal Analyst Group of New York
- Bachelor of Arts, Columbia University
- Master of Business Administration, McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin