Webcast help Bookmark has been added
Hardware and Operating System Configurations
- Windows XP (Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome)
- Windows Vista (Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome)
- Windows 7 (Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome)
- Apple Mac OS 10.5.x (Firefox, Safari or Google Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
Flash Player 10.x or above
- Internet Explorer 7+
- Mozilla Firefox 10+
- Safari 4.x
- Google Chrome 21+
To determine the version installed on your computer, complete the following steps:
- Open the browser.
- Click the Help menu.
- Click About.
You can download a newer version of each browser by visiting the websites below.
Before you access the event, you should ensure that your browser is configured to stream media. You will need a minimum Internet connection of 28.8Kbps; a 56Kbps connection is recommended.
To enable cookies support when using Internet Explorer, complete the following steps:
- Run Internet Explorer
- Click on "Tools" on the menu at the top
- Click on "Internet Options"
- Click on the "Privacy" tab
- Click on the "Advanced" button
- Select "Override automatic cookie handling"
- Select "Always allow session cookies"
To enable cookies support when using Mozilla Firefox, complete the following steps:
- Run Firefox
- Click on "Tools" on the menu at the top
- Click on "Options"
- Click on the "Privacy" icon on the left column
- Select the checkbox "Accept Cookies from Sites"
- Click "OK"
To enable cookies support when using Safari, complete the following steps:
- Run Safari
- From the Safari menu, select Preferences....
- Select the Security icon.
- Check the box marked Enable Java.
- Select one of the two options that allow Safari to accept cookies:
- Only for sites you navigate to
- Close window.
To enable cookies support when using Google Chrome, complete the following steps:
- Run Google Chrome
- Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select "Options".
- Click the "Under the Hood" tab.
- Click "Content Settings" in the "Privacy" section.
- Make sure "Allow local data to be set" is selected for "Cookies".
Temporarily disabling the pop-up blocker:
- Open an Internet Explorer window.
- Click on "Tools" -
- Scroll down to "Pop-up blocker"
- Select "Turn off pop-up blocker" from its menu.
We recommend that you turn your pop up blockers back on at the end of the webcast. You can do so by following the steps above and choosing "Turn on pop-up blocker".
Frequently Asked Technical Questions
I can't see the polling question.
Press F5 to refresh your screen. If the problem persists, log out of the Webcast, clear your cache and log back in.
To clear your cache:
Please visit http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache for instructions on clearing the cache of your specific browser.
I missed the first polling question. Will I be able to receive CPE credit?
You may still be eligible for CPE credit. You must answer only three polling questions to qualify, and there will be four or more polling opportunities. Visit our CPE Eligibility page for more information.
The "Join Webcast" link in the confirmation email doesn't work.
The URL to enter the Webcast may have wrapped in your email program, thus truncating the URL into two sections. Check to see that the URL has not been broken or is missing characters. You may need to cut and paste the full URL into the address field of your Web Browser.
I can't register for the webcast, or I can't complete my registration form!
See instructions on enabling cookies above.
I keep receiving an error message stating that the form is missing information or I am entering an invalid email address when I register.
When the registration page refreshes with an error message, check to see that all of the required registration fields have been filled out properly and resubmit the form.
Can I access the Webcast from a different computer than the one I registered from?
If you have already registered for the event, you can access the event regardless of the computer you initially registered from. Just enter your email address in the returning registrant portion of the event registration page.
I can access the Webcast, but I cannot view the slides or the slides are not flipping.
Try refreshing the presentation by either hitting F5 on your keyboard or closing out and relaunching the presentation. If you have joined an event that has already started, please wait a few moments. The slides are synchronized with the event and will flip with the next timed marker in the presentation.
The media player automatically stops or it continually stops and rebuffers.
Network congestion can occur at any time due to the following problems:
- If you are connecting to the Internet through a modem.
- If you are connecting to the Internet through WiFi.
- You are trying to access an event during peak Internet traffic hours.
- If you are connecting to the Internet from outside North America.
- There is heavy traffic on your company network.
To alleviate network congestion, you may want to consider the following:
- Upgrading to a faster connection
- Reduce the amount of applications you are running while accessing the event
- Try accessing the event during an off-peak Internet traffic period
I can't hear anything (or the sound is very faint).
Verify that your speakers are plugged into the power outlet, turned on and up, and connected to the audio port of the computer. Your speakers or headphones must be plugged into the sound card – not into the "sound out" jack of the CD-ROM drive.
If you still cannot hear any audio, check your system volume settings:
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
- Double-click on the Multimedia Icon.
- On the audio tab, turn up the volume. If it is grayed out, this indicates that the system is not configured for sound.
If you have turned up the volume on both your speakers and system, then try turning up the volume on whichever media player you use.
The slides are not moving.
Press F5 to refresh your screen. If the problem persists, please send a screen shot of your webcast screen to Dbriefs Technical Support.
To capture a screen shot:
- Pressing the ALT and PRT-Sc keys simultaneously.
- Paste the screen shot in the email.
Pressing the "Launch Presentation" button doesn't do anything.
Pop-up blocking software might obstruct the presentation console from opening. You may need to temporarily disable the pop-up blocking software in order to participate in the event. Please check with your network administrator to identify potential pop-up blocking technology.
I receive an "HTTP not found" error message.
128-bit Encryption is required for your operating system and browser. To determine if your browser has 128-bit encryption, go to the "Help" feature at the top of the browser window, then click on the "About" selection from the drop-down menu. The parameter you need to verify is titled "Cipher Strength" for Internet Explorer.
My computer crashes when I try to access the Webcast.
First, verify that your settings meet the minimum Webcast requirements. If they do, try clearing your browser's cache and restarting the Webcast.
I can't see the test video.
You must have Flash 10 or above to view the webcast. Verify that Flash the player has been installed correctly and check the player settings to verify that it is set up to receive the stream format.
Can I still view webcasts if I have a Mac?
Yes, please see the Operating System Configurations / Internet Browsers area for supported Mac configurations.