Integration Strategy & Execution has been saved
Integration Strategy & Execution
Transactions from concept to execution
When the gate opens in a horse race, it’s too late to second-guess your approach. The same is true for the training and other preparations that must be put into action and relentlessly carried through to the finish line, with adjustments made along the way. That ruthless focus and discipline are also required for effective mergers and acquisitions (M&A). The preparations made prior to closing the deal (Day One) were just the beginning. Execution—fulfilling strategic expectations for the deal—is where the race is won or lost in terms of shareholder value.
Moment of truth
Deloitte’s Integration Strategy and Execution practice can help clients through critical steps that bring a transaction from concept through execution. We look past process to the final impact each decision is likely to have. Our approach helps companies develop the structure and discipline to effectively identify, execute, and integrate their deals.
We work closely with our M&A colleagues to position the critical aspects of people, process, and technology to be addressed at each stage of the M&A life cycle. We also leverage the audit, financial advisory, risk management, and tax services of Deloitte’s network of practitioners to bring specialized resources to our M&A engagements.
Integration Strategy & Execution services
- Day One readiness and execution
- Synergy targeting and realization
- Operating model fine-tuning and organizational design
- Communications, culture, and change management
- Cross-functional and functional coordination
The future of the deal
Throughout the M&A life cycle, Deloitte’s Total M&A Solution provides cognitive enablers and accelerators to bring the power of automation, analytics, and machine learning to M&A transactions. The integrated set of innovative accelerators and enablers offers solutions that can be tailored to each client’s transaction journey—and helps map the path ahead. The end result is smarter insights, increased confidence about the future, and a better experience for every transaction team.
Potential bottom-line benefits
- Increased shareholder value through rapid, effective transaction execution
- Reduced risk by enhancing business continuity
- Identification of quick wins that give a transaction early credibility
- Capture of revenue and cost synergies through careful analysis and follow-through
- Enhanced discipline through content-rich, knowledge-based program management
- Reduced disruption by focusing on people and change management
Closing the deal is just the beginning. Execution — fulfilling strategic and market expectations for the deal — is where the race is won or lost in the eyes of shareholders.