Driving real business outcomes with cognitive technology solutions
We’ve anticipated it for years, and now it’s becoming reality: Emerging technologies are finally able to emulate and augment the power of the human brain. That has big implications for the business world, which is still coming to terms with the opportunities presented by the enormous amount of data pulsing through markets, individual businesses, and more. Conventional technology is not up to the task of extracting the full value of this mountain of data. But the promise of cognitive technology solutions is clear.
- Why now?
- How we can help
- View our Cognitive Advantage video playlist
- Big ideas
- Join the conversation
Deloitte @ Intelligent Automation 2017
July 31 - August 2,
2017 | Chicago, IL
Planning to attend? We’ll be at booth #304, be sure to stop by to say hello! Also, join Peter Lowes and Sridhar Rajan, both principals with Deloitte Consulting LLP, for the following panel and interactive discussion group sessions. For more information visit the event website and contact us directly with any questions or if you’d like to schedule a 1:1 meeting while at the event: Phani Madupalli.
Powerful predictive data analytics that AI & cognitive technologies offer to enhance corporate strategic business intelligence
Date & Time: August 1, 2017 | 4:20 PM
Best practices when rolling out an RPA solution
Date & Time: August 1, 2017 | 11:20 AM and again at 11:55 AM
The dawn of the cognitive era creates newer, and in many cases bigger, opportunities for businesses to generate value from their data, in tandem with analytics advances. Imagine helping your workers take an “amplified intelligence” approach that combines their own insights with machine-generated insights to focus on what matters most: Improving core operations, building new assets, and enabling better outcomes for your organization and its customers. That’s the cognitive advantage. And with big advances in cognitive capabilities, it’s finally within reach.
How we can help
Our Cognitive Advantage offerings are designed to help organizations transform decision-making, work, and interactions through the use of insights, automation, and engagement capabilities. Our offerings are tailored to be industry-specific and powered by our cognitive platform.
When it comes to adoption of cognitive technology, some of the leading companies are progressing rapidly from the pilot project phase to the production application phase. Those on the sidelines would do well to move from interest to adoption of this impressive group of technologies.
Data's big leap
Cognitive technologies use statistical models that constantly improve as the system “learns” and extract more relevant, timely, and granular insights from massive pools of data. Don’t think of cognitive technologies as “smart machines,” they’re machines that–when skillfully deployed–can make people and organizations smarter and produce stronger outcomes. See how this technology will advance crucial business practices across industries.
View our Cognitive Advantage video playlist
Get a deeper look at how cognitive technology solutions can augment and amplify human capabilities to solve complex business problems.
Robotics & Cognitive Automation
Enable machines to replicate human actions and judgment with robotics and cognitive technologies.
Robotics & Cognitive Automation at work in health plans
Cognitive automation enables health plans to automate knowledge-intensive processes for prior authorization requests for treatment, in the context of clinical guidelines and health plan policies. One health plan saw a 35 percent improvement in efficiency for nurses and a reduced time frame from 72-96 hours to near real time.
Identify opportunities for growth, diversification, and efficiencies by creating large-scale organizational intelligence with pattern detection and the ability to analyze multiple data sources.
Cognitive Insights at work in financial services
Cognitive technologies arm investment managers and financial advisors with customized portfolio advice and can provide clients with mobile-friendly account performance summaries, imbalance alerts, changes in risk, and other information that can be revised instantly based on market conditions.
Use intelligent agents and avatars to deliver mass consumer personalization at scale and smarter, more relevant insights to amplify end user experience.
Cognitive Engagement at work in retail
Cognitive systems augment customer service agents, serving as digital store clerks. They collect and synthesize millions of data points from both structured and unstructured data, using cognitive analytics to provide answers to customers’ questions around products, trends, and recommendations via mobile phones.
Read some of most recent thought leadership to learn more about how cognitive technology solutions and analytics are transforming business.
- (Video) Navigating the future of work
- How automation and cognitive technologies increase government efficiencies
- Beyond “doing something cognitive”: A systematic approach to implementing cognitive technologies
- Cognitive collaboration: Why humans and computers think better together
- Cognitive applications: Home runs versus base hits
- Cognitive technologies: The real opportunities for business
- Cognitive technologies in the technology sector
- Cognitive technologies for health plans: Using artificial intelligence to meet new market demands
- Amplified intelligence: Power to the people
Robotics & Cognitive Automation
- Future smart: Why robotics changes everything
- Federal audit for robotics
- The value of robotic process automation in shared services
- Will cognitive automation spell the end of outsourcing?
- Robotic process automation: A path to the cognitive enterprise
- Machines as talent
- Redesigning work in an era of cognitive technologies
- Mind and machines: The art of forecasting in the age of artificial intelligence
- Innovation in audit takes the analytics, AI route
- The conversational enterprise: How chatbots can answer questions for both customers and employees
- The rise of cognitive agents: Will humans prefer to talk with machines?
- Effecting behavior change in a world of automated financial advisors
- The thinker and the shopper: Four ways cognitive technologies can add value to consumer products
A guide to robotic process automation
Dip your toe or dive in? Look before you leap
Business leaders implementing robotic process automation should follow a five-step process to develop an automation strategy that looks beyond the initial deployment and defines how automation will grow within the organization.
Learn about the five step process.
Vitamin D: Deloitte’s Analytics Blog
Explore topics and trends in analytics, cognitive, data science, and more. Featuring informed perspectives from Deloitte leaders and other luminaries, Vitamin D delivers bold, real-world strategies and inspiring success stories to help organizations gain the insight-driven advantage and achieve better outcomes.