Resilient CAE track: Conversations with internal audit leaders has been saved
Resilient CAE track: Conversations with internal audit leaders
A chief internal audit executive podcast
New risks mean new responsibilities. As uncertainty ripples through industries, business models, and technology, organizations are asking more of their leaders. You’re no longer just a chief audit executive. You’re also a strategic business partner. But to make this shift—and do it with impact—you’ll need to tap into new methods, agile approaches, and innovative technologies. What inspiration can you take from others who have succeeded in their evolving roles? Hear from executives across industries as they share their perspectives and explore what it means to be a resilient internal audit leader today.
Creating strong stakeholder connections with value and vision
Inspired by the potential that innovations, insights, and visualizations have to resolve issues, Andrew shares how he is changing the paradigm of the internal audit. He advocates taking an agile approach to mitigate rapidly changing risks and improve virtual interpersonal relationships.
During this podcast, he talks about how measuring value is much more than just an annual report that cites the number of risks identified and reports filed. It’s about understanding the needs, asking how one can help, and engaging in an authentic and empathetic way.
I hear of many different metrics on how people measure the value that internal audit has brought. For me, it’s very simple … How was the experience for the auditee and whether they invite you back ... what that tells you is that they appreciated what you did…and most importantly they felt that you brought value.
Tune into our episodes featuring resilient chief internal audit leaders.
- Andrew Tinseth, vice president of Internal Audit at Providence, on auditing with empathy, leading with technology
- Sandy Pundmann, retired Deloitte & Touche LLP partner, on leading through dramatic transformation
- Rob King, corporate vice president and chief audit executive at FedEx, on optimizing the role of internal audit
- Kenneth Chen, CAE of Spotify, on the importance of internal audit’s relationship with management
- Brandi Thomas, vice president, corporate audit for Delta Airlines, on the future and the evolving role of the chief audit executive