Resilient CLO podcast: Conversations with legal leaders has been saved
Resilient CLO podcast: Conversations with legal leaders
A podcast for chief legal officers, legal executives, and in-house counsel
Uncertainty is blurring the boundaries of today’s legal department. Suddenly your role as a chief legal officer (CLO) has shifted. It’s no longer just about protecting your organization from risk. You’re now being called on to transform operations and help grow the business. What inspiration can you take from others who have succeeded in adapting to and accelerating change? Tune in for unfiltered conversations with legal leaders on embracing innovation, creating value, and what it means to be a resilient CLO.
The CLO’s role in knowing, growing, and keeping the business safe—a perspective from Rishi Varma
Today’s legal leaders have a lot on their plates. How can they gain a deeper understanding of the business while building empathy and embracing missteps along the way? Rishi Varma, general counsel and corporate secretary at Hewlett Packard Enterprises, shares his perspectives on this episode of the Resilient podcast chief legal officer track.
To make an impact, in-house counsel can only be effective when they understand what’s important—and what’s truly at stake. Rishi shares his view on how to adopt a growth mindset, embrace missteps, and use them to grow and transform.
Resilient leaders don’t take obstacles as the final answer. Hear their personal stories of resilience by not letting adversity define them.
For more in the series, visit the Resilient podcast library page.
Tune into our episodes featuring resilient chief legal officers.
- Ivan Fong, 3M Company, on corporate legal leadership
- Anthony Sharett, Meta Financial on legal leadership with purpose
- Rishi Varma, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, on knowing, growing, and keeping the business safe
- Debbie Majoras, Procter & Gamble, on the characteristics of an effective general counsel
- Don Fancher on combatting fraud, waste, and abuse in the wake of COVID-19
- Alex Dimitrief, former GC of GE on the CLO’s role in crisis and on divesting, investing and innovating