Winning in the age of the empowered consumer
The vast proliferation of consumer innovations we’ve all seen in areas like online purchasing, social media, digital marketing, and personalized services are making their way into health care. As technology continues to advance, the health care marketplace is adapting and consumers are finding that they have power to control personal healthcare costs by navigating the system more wisely. As a result, health care organizations need to rethink their consumer relationships.
How we can help
Deloitte is working with clients across all sectors of the health care industry to adapt to this shift and find winning solutions. With the right strategy, customer understanding, financial modeling, and anticipatory preparation, health care organizations can adjust to the changing climate. Further, we’ve found that our clients can also invest in new retail-oriented capabilities especially in the areas of digital, analytics, talent, process enhancements, and new operational systems to address the new demands of the empowered individual.
Our service offerings include:
- Consumer strategy and transformation
- Consumer engagement
- Patient journey analysis
- Patient experience & engagement services
- M&A and alliance services
- Digital strategy and implementation
- Consumer analytics
- Culture and change management
Key potential benefits
- Maintain and grow share in an increasingly competitive retail environment.
- Deepen engagement and loyalty to unlock patients’ lifetime value.
- Understand the consumer perspectives that inform better inter-industry connections.
- Defend margins by looking beyond cost management.
- Make sounder investment decisions in digital health, analytics and other technologies.