Benefits of smart factories Bookmark has been added
Benefits of smart factories
Investing in smart factory systems to build value
The smart factory of the Fourth Industrial Revolution could unlock the key to productivity for manufacturers. And every manufacturer—from those already “running smart” to those not yet investing in smart factory technologies—can take steps that will yield business value.
Read “2019 Deloitte and MAPI Smart Factory Study: Capturing value through the digital journey” on Deloitte Insights
About the study
Deloitte and the Manufacturer’s Alliance for Productivity and Innovation (MAPI) launched a study to determine how manufacturers are pursuing smart factory initiatives to drive business impact. Among the key findings:
- Every manufacturer—whether already “running smart” or yet to invest in smart factory technologies—can harvest business value from smart factory initiatives.
- Smart factory initiatives typically accelerate business value creation. Companies report on average 10–12 percent gains in areas such as manufacturing output, factory utilization, and labor productivity after they invested in smart factory initiatives.
- There is a direct and established connection—primarily through investment and use cases—between smart factory initiatives and the business value realized.
- While there are risks, primarily operational and financial, they are generally outweighed by the smart factory’s value contribution.
- An identified cohort—we call it Trailblazers—is outperforming with smart factory initiatives.
The Smart Factory @ Wichita: Experience the factory of the future
Imagine an Industry 4.0 immersive center—one focused on bringing together advanced manufacturing methods and technologies. The Smart Factory @ Wichita offers an experience in which the digital, physical, and experimental come together to speed up smart factory capabilities.