Surge Capacity for your FOIA Backlog | Deloitte US has been added to your bookmarks.
Freedom from your information
Surge capacity for your FOIA backlog
Government agencies are facing historically high numbers of FOIA requests, which can be challenging in light of budget and staffing issues.
A targeted FOIA solution
President Obama ordered more responsiveness to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests at the outset of his presidency. Since that time, government agencies have committed to sharing more information with the public, including proactively posting data to their web sites. Despite this effort to be more open and transparent there are historically high FOIA requests. Processing these requests has become a challenge for many government agencies in light of the current budgetary climate and reductions in staffing.
The sudden surge or a large static backlog of cases presents an ideal opportunity to use technology to enhance review efficiency and accuracy. Our targeted FOIA solution provides:
- Data protection—Leverage technology to identify whether the FOIA request includes the release of personally identifiable information (PII) and initiate workflow to redact or perform further review
- Technology recommendations and implementation
- FOIA review subject matter expert
- Analytics—Text-based categorization and predictive technology
- Predictive analysis of FOIA and fraud
- Collection—Document chain of custody to ensure defensibility in potential litigation. Forensic capture of Electronically Stored Information (ESI). Cross-functional use of data captured at enterprise level.
- Process Innovation and workflow analysis