Managed Risk for Energy-Intensive Industries has been saved
Managed Risk for Energy-Intensive Industries
Mitigating risk, protecting goals
Many executives often find it challenging to assess how hedge practices might impact key financial goals—margins, customer pricing or investor return. By deploying market-based simulations over a range of hedge strategies and potential market outcomes, companies in energy-intensive industries can test portfolio tradeoffs and tailor their overall risk exposures to meet financial goals.
- Managed risk services for energy
- Rein in risk, reduce surprises
- Managed risk DASH series
- WSJ risk & compliance managed risk
- Contact us for a managed risk consultation
Managed risk services for energy
Deloitte’s new perspective for energy-intensive industries provides a framework to mitigate commodity risk exposure and meet corporate objectives. Our managed risk solution provides companies in the energy and resources sectors with a structured approach for addressing two fundamental issues associated with hedge programs and their interdependence: understanding the risk to financial goals that volatile commodities cause, and adopting a lucid hedge structure to protect the goals. Deloitte’s managed risk solution also incorporates regulatory and compliance requirements, as well as the complexities and nuances of financial reporting for the energy industry.
Managed risk on demand DASH series
In our on demand DASH presentation series, learn more about how a structured framework helps mitigate commodity risk exposure, attain key corporate objectives, and have a more effective hedge program. Delve into the series to gain insights on identifying and setting key objectives for hedge programs, and applying a structured decision-making process to help achieve desired results. Learn more about how to apply rigorous and disciplined testing to lessen undesirable outcomes in hedge programs. And, explore ways to see around the corner with monitoring, measuring, and responding to market changes through a systematic approach to markets, methods and movements.
View the series:
Benefits of a managed risk approach
Learn how using quantitative risk assessments can help organizations strengthen their hedging programs to be more closely aligned with overall company goals and strategy, rather than being reactive to market (or impending weather) events. Read “How a managed risk approach can benefit energy sector hedging” in the Deloitte-sponsored module of The Wall Street Journal’s Risk & Compliance Journal.
Contact us for a managed risk consultation
If you are evaluating the effectiveness of your commodity risk management program, there are a couple of key questions you’ll need to answer:
- How well does your strategy protect you across a range of market prices? Consider if your program is “static” or “responds” to changing market conditions.
- Are you able to assess the financial implications of your strategy as it relates to key financial objectives: revenues, cash flow, hedge losses, and credit stress?
- Is your program directive or restrictive—consider whether your program directs action be taken under defined market conditions, or rather your program just restricts the permissible activities?